Easy Steps to Activate Amazon Prime via amazon.com/mytv
Amazon, as an e-commerce platform, is increasingly popular. The brand has extended its tentacles into providing various services and media players. One of these is the Amazon Prime – a video platform where you can catch up with original videos on your streaming devices.
You can enjoy Amazon Prime on your Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and similar streaming devices. All you have to do is to activate your Amazon Prime Video on amazon.com/mytv using the activation code you retrieve from your smart TV screen.
What devices are compatible with amazon.com/mytv?
Most smart devices with internet-enabled capability will work with the Amazon Prime Video App seamlessly. You need a reliable internet connection to download the streaming device and link the Amazon MYTV via the official website of Amazon – amazon.com/mytv, using the activation code you get from your TV screen.
Supported devices include Firestick with Amazon Prime app installed, Android TV, Roku TV, and Sony TV. Others include Vizo TV, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox One and Xbox 360, and Apple TV, among others.
How do you activate Amazon Prime on your Smart TV?
Having seen what devices are compatible with amazon.com/mytv, let us look at how to activate the app on these devices.
Note that you will need a unique amazon.com/mytv verification code for the activation. You can only generate this code if you have a valid Amazon account or phone registration number. For users with these details, the activation code can be retrieved on their TV screen via the Amazon Prime Video App. The code will be needed to complete the activation on the Amazon MYTV website – amazon.com/mytv.
Here is a step-by-step guide to the activation:
- Head to the app store of your Smart TV app.
- Find the ‘Amazon Prime’ app and add it to your ‘Channel.’
- After a successful add, open the Amazon Prime app.
- Locate the ‘Register on the Amazon Website’ option and click on it.
- You will find an ‘Amazon Prime Verification code’ displayed on your screen.
- Copy this link into a notepad and head to amazon.com/mytv on your browser.
- Input your details and log in to your Amazon Prime Account.
- Type in the ‘Amazon Prime Verification code’ you copied earlier from your TV screen.
- Confirm the code, and if correct, click on “Register Device.”
That should complete your activation. In some cases, you may be asked to choose your TV cable provider’s network. Just scroll through the options on the list and sign into your account. This will complete your activation.
How do you create your amazon.com/mytv account?
The activation process above includes a stage where you have to log in to your Amazon Prime Account. Therefore, it is necessary to have an Amazon Prime account created beforehand. Note that this account will be a free trial login, just for the activation.
How do you create an Amazon Prime free trial login on amazon.com/mytv? The steps are listed below:
- Find an internet-enabled device and access amazon.comon any reliable browser on the device.
- Find the ‘New to Amazon’ tab.
- Under it, click on ‘Create Your Amazon Account.’
- You will be required to provide some personal information – your name, email, and a unique password.
- Type in the information at the appropriate tabs and click on ‘Create Your Amazon Account.’
- You will be asked to check the email you have provided for a verification link. Alternatively, you may be sent an Amazon Prime One Time Password (OTP).
- In the case of the OTP, punch in the password and click on CONTINUE.
- If you plan to become a paid Amazon Prime Member, go ahead to add your credit card as the preferred payment method.
If you follow the step-by-step guide provided above, you can expect your Amazon Prime account to be verified. Remember that you can only activate your Amazon Prime on amazon.com/mytv with your Amazon Prime verification code after you have subscribed to Amazon Prime membership.
The membership fee costs $119/year for non-student users and $59/year for students. The monthly equivalent of these fees is $12.99 and $6.49, respectively.
Note that the process of generating the activation code and activating it via amazon.com/mytv may be different on each device. However, it follows the same cycle – Sign in to your Smart TV; Download and Install the Amazon Prime App; Register on the Amazon Prime website; and use the activation code to register your device on the Amazon MYTv website – amazon.com/mytv.
Amazon.com/mytv is considered one of the most reliable web portals for the activation of Prime Video on your Smart TV. After successful registration, choose a TV cable provider’s network, sign in to your account, and start watching excellent Amazon Prime content on your Smart TV device.